About Susan Harman-Scott
Susan Harman-Scott has been engaged in the general practice of law in North Carolina her entire career, for over thirty years. Her areas of practice include elder law, family law, wills, trusts, estate planning and administration, and general civil litigation including personal injury and collections. Susan is a certified arbitrator; a certified NCDRC Family Financial Mediator; and is certified by the NCDRC to mediate before the Clerk.
This firm focuses on obtaining practical and complete solutions for its clients. The interrelated areas of expertise enable the firm to provide comprehensive counseling, including issues relating to marriage and the family, aging and property. This firm is dedicated to advocacy in and out of court, and creative problem-solving.
Susan Harman-Scott is a native Alabaman who grew up in Davidson County, North
Carolina. She earned undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University
of North Carolina at Greensboro and earned her Juris Doctor from Wake Forest University School of Law. She has practiced in North Carolina for her entire career, and she and her team have built a solid reputation in the communities in which they practice. They have been rated an A by Martindale-Hubbell.
- North Carolina Bar Association (NCBA)
- First Judicial District Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Recipient of the 2017 NCBA Citizen Lawyer Award
- Certified North Carolina Arbitrator
- NCDRC Certified to Mediate Before the Clerk
- NCDRC Certified Family Financial Mediator
- Admitted to Practice Before the US District Court, Eastern District of NC